The objectives and purposes for which the association was formed are as follows:
- To bring together bird and nature guides in Extremadura who work professionally on
a full-time or part-time basis.
- To contribute to the ongoing dialogue between the public and private sector to
bring about the development of nature tourism in Extremadura which is both sustainable and of the highest quality.
- To define and comply with an ethical code of conduct in their work as guides in
- To promote and disseminate the ethical code of conduct to others who are directly
or indirectly involved in the development of nature tourism.
- Disseminate knowledge about natural resources of Extremadura, especially
- Promote the use of these natural resources in the sustainable development of
- Promote the study and the appropriate development of quality nature tourism in
Extremadura based on the best knowledge of the species, their habitats and distribution.
- Promote the development of ornithology in Extremadura, including engagement with
rural cultural development and education.
- Promote the conservation of natural spaces in Extremadura, and promote the
development of quality nature tourism that demonstrates value to these resources and offers economic incentives to guarantee their future conservation.
- Contribute to biodiversity conservation in Extremadura and develop its role in
sustainable development, especially in rural areas.
- Promote and contribute to the participation of the
public in enjoying and respecting the values and natural resources of Extremadura, as well as to environmental education.
- Promote and support the professional interest of
- Promote leisure activities in the contryside that
Asociación Extremeña de Guías Profesionales de
Ornitología y Naturaleza